Sunday, March 3, 2019

Photography is an Art

I came into the weekend with a different mindset and perspective. I viewed everything through the lense of a health and fitness magazine, especially the people and objects around me. 

I visited South Pointe Park in Miami Beach with my family and saw a group of friends doing yoga among each other. I was extremely impressed when a couple continued their exercise with poses with the two of them. For example, the male laid his back on the floor and used his legs to balance the woman symmetrically above him. This would be a great photo for the cover page which demonstrates both a male and a female conveying the purpose of the magazine together. 

Additionally, I thought about the importance of lighting and setting for the photos in the magazine. Although some will be photoshopped to just the specific object or person in the shot because the area around them is arbitrary, others will need the setting to create tonality. If an articles focuses on the effects of weight training and I want to include an image of someone working out in a gym, the color scheme and lighting matter. Here are some colors I intend to focus on because of their meaning:
-Red: energy, passion, determination
-Blue: power, strength 
-Black: sophistication, strength
-White: success, new
-Green: renewal, energy, growth

To focus the lighting in the photographs, I can use multiple flashlights to get the desired angle I want. Additionally, if i’m photographing outside and the backlighting is an issue there are some ways to overcome this. 
-Use a reflecting screen, such as one used in cars to protect from the sun’s heat when it is parked
-Diffuse the sun


I need to begin taking the photos and working on the design of the magazine. I plan on doing this next week so stay tuned with an update of my progress. 

No comments:

Post a Comment