Thursday, March 21, 2019

Topic of my Two-Page Spread: Stretching


The article I decided to focus on for my two-page spread is “To Stretch or Not to Stretch.” I want to layout my article as a pros vs. cons page where the effects of stretching are introduced, such as stimulation of blood flow throughout the body, flexibility being increased, etc

I researched stretching before and after exercising and I think I want to incorporate them both and make it a collective article focusing on stretching overall. I will make a list of the two with concepts I’d like to describe below.

Stretching effecting the active body:

Pros

-Increased flexibility
-Improves performance by joints moving in full range motion
-Lowers risk of injury
-Lengthens muscles
-Reduces tendency to stiffen
-Supports strength gains
-Decreases pain

Cons

-Incorrect type of stretching before certain activity
-Static stretching may cause injury
-Prolonging stretches
-Cold muscles held in stretching positions may cause injury
-More than 30 seconds is excessive
-Doesn’t prevent soreness


Overall advice for the article:
-Stretching is individualistic
-Focus and listen to your body’s needs
-The type of stretch for activity is more important than stretching at all
-improper stretches will be less beneficial
-For power-driven workouts, dynamic over static
-individual fitness goals influence what is needed

No comments:

Post a Comment